Kanguru Local Administrator (KLA) is an enterprise-class administrative application for managing and configuring select Kanguru flash drives. Administrators can configure a wide variety of security and device features before distributing the devices to employees. Up to 8 devices can be configured at a time, streamlining the setup and deployment process.
Administrators can configure and assign a wide variety of security and functionality features before distributing devices to employees and staff, which will greatly simplify end-user setup and assure all devices are in line with company policy. Up to ten devices can be configured at a time, and a customized configuration file with all Security Policy Settings can be saved to implement more USB drives at a later date, further streamlining the setup and deployment process. Customize password strength, length, restrict number of password attempts, and set expiration / timeout periods. Administrators can even pre-load data files onto the drives prior to issuing to users. These advanced features make it simple to ensure proper security and standardization of secure USB for any organization.
This is the perfect tool for administrators to maintain and manage an organization's data inside and outside and comply with security regulations. Defender USB flash drives, hard drives and solid state drives configured with KLA can be managed and monitored, protecting your organization's sensitive data.
The Kanguru Local Administrator supports the following secure USB flash and external drives:
- Kanguru Defender 3000
- Kanguru Defender Elite300
- Kanguru Defender Elite30
- Kanguru Defender Bio-Elite30
- Kanguru Defender 2000
- Kanguru Defender Elite200
- Kanguru Defender HDD/SSD
- includes legacy drives
- Customize password and security features
- Password Complexity
- Password Length
- Number of retries
- Timeout period
- Password expiration
- Password iteration restrictions
- Network access restrictions
- Antivirus settings
- Master password functionality*
- User password functionality
- Auto Un-mount functionality
- Device functionality customizations
- Device reset functionality
- Save/Load device settings to file(s)
- Bulk setup (up to 8 drives at a time)
- Customize user information that is displayed on the device login screen
- Pre-load data files on USB prior to distribution
- Control network communication, proxy and updates
- Customize Antivirus settings
- Copy settings from one device to other connected devices
- Support for software based write protect on select Defender models
- Improved Device Control integration
- Backup and restore setting for the UKLA application
- Electronically import devices to KRMC Enterprise directly from UKLA
- Support for updating the UKLA application from within the application
KLA is required for configuration of secure USB drives for KRMC Enterprise.
KLA does not require KRMC-Cloud or Cloud Pro, but is highly recommended to receive the full benefits KLA has to offer.
The KLA application is installed on the administrator’s workstation and devices must be plugged in locally in order to administer / change settings. If KRMC has been enabled, any future changes once devices are issued to users can be made remotely via the KRMC Console.
See Kanguru Remote Management Console (KRMC™)
for more information.
- Software application CD - (1) workstation license
This Kanguru product has software that may use the following open source libraries:
* Please consult with your Kanguru sales rep for full details on support for KLA and Master Password support for Cloud.
Kanguru Local Administrator (KLA) is an enterprise class administrative application for managing and configuring select Kanguru flash drives. Administrators can configure a wide variety of security features and configure up to 8 devices at a time with hostname or host IP.
- Customize security settings
- Master password functionality*
- Rapid device deployment
||- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows XP*
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 / 2003 / 2008
||- Administrative rights are required
- 50MB of available storage space
- Minimum 1GB RAM
- 1.0GHz CPU or better
Customize application settings
Pre-load Data Files to USB Drives Prior to Issuing
Customize security settings
Customize device functionality
Master password functionality*
Rapid device deployment
Supports KRMC Cloud and Enterprise
Customize and configure:
Kanguru Defender 3000
Kanguru Defender Elite300
Kanguru Defender Elite30
Kanguru Defender Bio-Elite30
Kanguru Defender 2000
Kanguru Defender Elite200
Kanguru Defender HDD
Kanguru Defender SSD
* Consult with your Kanguru sales rep for full details on support for KLA and Master Password support for Cloud.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.