What's so Special About the Kanguru FlashTrust?
FlashTrust is part of a next generation of standard USB Flash drives by Kanguru, a global leader in secure USB data storage. The company has integrated the same RSA-2048 bit digitally secured firmware used in its robust hardware encrypted secure drives, into this new unencrypted flash drive. It can be used at the consumer and organizational level as a great, affordable option for organizations that may have concerns about "badUSB" and are looking to protect against these types of firmware attacks.
The flash drive offers many benefits, in addition to protecting against the threat of firmware-based attacks. These include:
● Digitally-signed firmware, which protects against any outside, unauthorized tampering from unidentified sources.
● Self testing at startup, so the integrity of the firmware is verified. If the self-test fails, the USB module will cease to operate.
● SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for fast data transfer. It can read at speeds up to 230 MB and write at up to 85 MB.
● A physical write protect switch so users can choose to keep the device in read-only or read/write mode. A selectable mode is useful especially if one has to connect the USB device to a potentially infected machine.
● A choice of storage capacities in quality, aluminum housing. FlashTrust devices come in affordable 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB versions.
The Kanguru FlashTrust USB drive, therefore, offers a sophisticated level of data protection for organizations where other flash drives do not. They are ideal for enterprise security and in organizations where a potential threat of malware and viruses could be a problem.
How Can You Protect Your Organization?
It seems tech-savvy hackers will go to all lengths now-a-days to create a devastating and unassuming attack on information. A tampered USB device could potentially spread malware throughout an organization - wreaking havoc on its most important asset - company data. If USB devices are entering your organization from unidentified sources, there is the potential that hackers could tamper with the firmware to inflict harm on your network. As a result, some organizations may consider ruling out USB flash drives altogether, a detrimental move that sacrifices business convenience. Or they may move to conduct business and store data strictly within the cloud, which opens up a whole other range of issues from possible intermittent service downtime, unauthorized access, and even more potential hacking issues.
Rather than "throw the baby out with the bathwater," simply make a company standard that if unencrypted flash drives are used to transfer company information, only Kanguru FlashTrust secure firmware flash drives are allowed within your network. This will not only maintain the convenience USB flash drives are best known for, but also provide the assurance that the drives are completely safe for your network.
Please feel free to contact us. The Kanguru Team is happy to answer any questions you may have at (508) 376-4245.
For more information, please visit these resourceful pages:
Kanguru is a global leader in providing secure portable storage solutions, providing enterprises, organizations and consumers with the best in easy-to-use, secure IT products and data storage. For more information on Kanguru, please visit www.kanguru.com.