The Kanguru Remote Management Console™ (KRMC)™ Enterprise 8 Edition is the most advanced, fully-integrated, global remote management system for encrypted USB storage drives. This powerful self-contained virtual appliance enables administrators to remotely manage and control assigned, secure hardware encrypted USB drives from anywhere in the world hosted through the client's own secure server. There are no complex installation procedures needed. Administrators of enterprise organizations can effectively manage a wide range of critical security and usage issues, such as password management, active security policy enforcement, and remote lock-out or wipe, along with automatic global provisioning, Self-Service Password Management, and much more.
KRMC Enterprise helps organizations prevent costly data breaches - whether intentional, or by accident by providing a secure environment for data on USB storage drives at every level.
- Fully Functional, Ready to Deploy Virtual Appliance
- 2-Factor Authentication
- License Calculator
- Device License Parking Tokens
- Flexible 1, 2, or 3 Year Subscriptions
- Enhanced UI for Easy Navigation
- AV Update Even for Offline Servers
- Self-Service Password Management
- Automatic Global Provisioning & License Assignment
- Streamlined License Management
- Automated Server Backups
- Track And Manage Secure USB Drives Worldwide
- Remotely Disable / Delete Lost Or Stolen Devices
- Remotely Update Assigned Secure USB Drives
- Set Up Online & Offline Permissions
- Notify Users And Roll Out Policy Updates
- Schedule Password Changes and Manage Password Strength and Length
- Remote Update of Secure Encrypted Drives
- Easily Export Device Audit Info To CSV or XLSX
- and Much More...
Download the Product Information Sheet for the KRMC Enterprise 8 Remote Management Console.
KRMC Enterprise includes Self-Service Password Management (SSPM) for convenient, secure password reset.
|SERVER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Export Compliance Terms
You understand and acknowledge Kanguru products are subject to regulation by agencies of the U.S. government, including the U.S. Department of Commerce, which prohibit export or diversion of certain goods and technology to certain countries. Any and all of your obligations with respect to Kanguru goods shall be subject in all respects to such United States laws and regulations as shall from time to time govern the license and delivery of technology and products abroad by persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, including the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended, any successor legislation, and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") issued by the Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, and Bureau of Export Administration. You warrant that you will comply in all respects with the export and re-export restrictions applicable to the goods and will otherwise comply with the EAR or other United States laws and regulations in effect from time to time.
Recipient Warranty. You warrant and agree that You are not: (i) located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of Taliban controlled Afghanistan, Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or Sudan, or (ii) on the U.S Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Departments Table of Deny Orders.
Kanguru Remote Management Console (KRMC)™ Enterprise Edition 8 is a robust self-contained virtual appliance management system for administrators of Enterprise organizations, providing the ability to manage and monitor the use of the company's secure, hardware encrypted Defender USB drives and meet high security standards and compliance.
When a supported Kanguru Defender® Encrypted USB device is connected to a computer with a network or internet connection, an administrator will be able to view detailed information and activity reports about the device. KRMC allows the administrator to monitor where the device is connected and the hostname of the computer. If the administrator has chosen to delete a device's data, the audit function will verify when the remote deletion occurs. An administrator can export audit logs, allowing compatibility with applications such as Excel and databases. User and administrator activities can be logged for various regulatory compliance.
KRMC Enterprise is Kanguru's fully-integrated software / hardware remote management system for managing and monitoring Kanguru Defender secure USB drives. KRMC Enterprise makes it easier than ever for Administrators to manage the data assets and enforce the security policies of the organization.
What the New KRMC Enterprise Can Do
KRMC Enterprise 8 brings a new, easy-to-use Interface for Administrators managing their organization's secure USB drives, with many enhanced feature upgrades. View Charts of active devices, deleted devices, create custom charts for reporting and much more.
- Simple and Easy to Use
- Self-Service Password Management
- Automatic Global Provisioning of New Drives
- License Management
- Remotely Disable / Delete Lost or Stolen Drives
- Remote Enable
- Manage Password Strength and Length
- Limit Invalid Login Attempts
- Locate Devices via IP Addresses and Hosts
- Set Master Password
- Generate Graphical Reports
- Remote Update of Secure Encrypted Drives
- SAML Integration for Federated Logins with Microsoft® ADFS, PingFederate, and Okta
Self-Service Password Management
IT Administrators have their hands full already with the regular duties of IT management. The last thing they need is to be regularly interrupted by staff members who can't remember their password to their secure USB devices. Self-Service Password Management (SSPM) provides a secure means for staff to reset their own password through a secure service of KRMC Enterprise, letting administrators concentrate on the things they do best. Self-Service Password Management comes standard with the new KRMC Enterprise 8.
Automatic Global Provisioning
It's now easier than ever for IT Administrators to create a global, consistent policy for provisioning secure USB drives. With Global Provisioning, administrators can:
- Define Security Password Policies and Parameters Up Front
- Ensure Consistent Deployment of Drives Company-Wide
- Ensure All New Drives Provision Automatically with the Parameters Set by the Administrator
Streamlined License Management
With new, enhanced license management features, KRMC Enterprise is making the Admins life easier than ever, with the ability to:
- Automatic License Assignment from license pool so your managed drives always stay protected
- Parking Token options for maintaining unused devices
- New License Calculator to stay on top of license renewals well ahead of time, ensuring that your account always has sufficient licenses and your drives never lose management capabilities
KRMC Enterprise Requirements:
- Minimum 50 KRMC Device Licenses*
- 25 or more Secure Kanguru Defender USB Devices
- Kanguru Local Administrator Configuration Tool
- One-Time Installation Service with Kanguru Engineering Support for Setup
* Allowing for additional drives to be added to your KRMC Enterprise as needed.
If your requirements are for less than 50 licenses, KRMC Cloud or KRMC Cloud Pro may be the best option for you.
Remote Disable/Delete – KRMC allows administrators to remotely disable or delete lost, stolen or compromised devices to protect sensitive information and prevent data breaches.
Remote Enable – Gives security officers the ability to remotely enable a disabled device.
Password Management – KRMC allows administrators to manage a variety of password functions including: password length, strength, expiration, invalid login attempts, and master password. Passwords can also be changed or updated remotely to help users recover forgotten passwords and also meet new security policies.
Remote Provisioning – Remotely manage security policy changes from a single location. Control password complexity, password expiration, online and offline access, and more.
Offline Restrictions – Control whether devices can be used offline. Prevent unauthorized use in external networks.
IP and Domain Control – Manage which IP and/or domains are allowable for devices to access via whitelist and blacklist methodology.
Auditing and Reporting – KRMC enforces a full audit trail with detailed graphical reporting and the ability to export both customizable audit logs and graphs for external analysis to ensure proper compliance.
Groups – Manage and control groups of devices.
Administration – Granular level access to actions for individual administrators.
App Launcher – Auto-launch applications on Defender devices upon successful login.
Messaging – Remotely send messages to end user devices in the field with informative messages or announcements. Receive information for when Kanguru devices are connected.
E-mail Alerts – Administrators can setup e-mail alerts to notify themselves when certain events take place. (i.e.- device deleted, password changed, etc.)
Secure Tunnel - All communication occurs over secure SSL or TLS channel.
Other Key Features of Kanguru Remote Management Console for Enterprise
- Remote Delete (Deletes all data on the target drive)
- Action Scheduling (present or future times)
- Auditing at administrator and super administrator level
- Locate via IP address and Hostname (IP Address / network location)
- Remote policy modifications:
- Password Strength and Length (i.e. 10 characters: 2 upper, 2 numbers, etc)
- Limit Invalid Login Attempts (i.e. 3 retries before drive is wiped)
Rate at which password should be changed (i.e. every 30, 60, or 90 days)
- Change user password
- Change master password
- User groups (Admin & Super Admin)
- Device & License Import
- Advanced Users & Groups Management
- IP & Domain Control
- Support for TLS & SSL communication
- Export Device Audit Data to .CSV or .XLSX
- Advanced filtering
- Device Groups
- Real Time Graphical Reports
- Uses ANSI X9.31 Random Number Generator
† Support for these legacy drives is on a best-effort basis. Both drives are End-of-Life and no further development or bug fixes are expected. Clients with these products are encouraged to consider upgrading to Kanguru USB 3.0 Encrypted Defender drives.
Open Source License Info
This Kanguru product has software that may use the following open source libraries: